Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer of Color: Hosted by Twinkle Twinkle

Welcome to The Summer of Color, a 10-week blog party celebrating art in all it hues!
Beginning today - and every Monday throughout the event - we will focus on and create art based upon the beautiful, bold and luscious colors of the rainbow. We will work in our preferred medium exploring color and share what we produce here. We will link our work using the widget on the bottom of each Summer of Color post and, for those who participate, leave a comment to be entered in a weekly giveaway. The purpose of the event is to emerge ourselves into the world of color: playing, experimenting and learning from one another throughout the lazy days of Summer . . .

Hosted by my good ART-Y friend Kristin.

The question for this weeks challenge is "What am I going to do?"

Hmmmm, had to think seriously about this because right now I'm going thru all these different phases..painting, atc's, taggies, working with lots of mixed media arts..but am sort of missing one thing..the one thing I have have been missing in my life is good ole "Scrapbooking"..I used to scrap all the time and now I have a years worth of photos' waiting and waiting for me to get to them.

So I was thinking this would be the perfect time to get back into scrapbooking my children.
BUT with a twist this time..not just using the basic's..paper, stickers, etc...I want to incooporate more mixed media into my pages..make my scrapbook pages more artful using mixed media..so that is my goal!!!

Now onto to thinking of the 2nd challenge of: BLUE!!!!!

Thanks Kristin for hosting this..I'm thrilled to take on this challenge for the summer months..and knowing that in the end I'll have created something for my children to hang onto and love!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

LOVE it! I was honestly thinking the same thing - I wanted to either do a loose leaf journal or a scrapbook. Like you, I used to scrap all the time. Somewhat obsessively ;) But in the last several years, I'm not even developing the tons of photos I take. I do a scrapbook for my friend's kids birthday every year (they were both born on the same day, 7 years apart!) and just finished them last week. I did one of them in YOUR style - with bold colors (hand colored on watercolor paper) and scallops and borders that remind me of you. I was going to post them, but I'm not sure if I will now during this event. When I do, you will be linked as my inspiration. The cover to the other is on my blog now - under the current post. Anyway I AM SO excited that you are doing that and can't wait to see your results (then you can send it on to S Memories - just sayin'). Glad I could keep it brief, xoxoxo